Nominations for ISMS Honorary Life Membership Now Open
Honorary Life Members of the International Society for Mushroom Science are “persons who have distinguished themselves with regard to the objectives of the Society”.
The ISMS Executive Committee is calling on ISMS members to submit nominations of worthy persons for Honorary Life Membership of the Society. The Committee will consider the nominations received and announce recipients of the award during the opening ceremony of the 20th ISMS Congress in Las Vegas on 26 February, 2024.
Nominations must be submitted in writing via email to [email protected] by 25 January 2024, and should include the following information:
- Details of Nominee [Name, Position, Organization, Address, Email, Mobile]
- Details of Nominators [Name, Position, Organization, Address, Email, Mobile, Affiliation with person nominated, Signature and date]
- Evidence in Support of the Nomination
Nominations must demonstrate how the nominee has distinguished themselves with regard to the ISMS objectives.
The ISMS statutes state that: the objective of the Society is the development of the mushroom industry globally through the application and communication of science. To attain the objective ISMS may:
- assist in the arrangement of international congresses on mushroom science, symposia and other international meetings.
- promote scientific and technical research in the field of mushroom science and international co-ordination of this work.
- support the collection of information on the development of mushroom science and disseminate this information among its members.
- stimulate the exchange of research workers and other experts.
- use any other means to realize its objectives.