Volume 10 Part 2 Article 45
Title: Mushroom Cultivation in Thailand
Author: S. Nutalaya
In Thailand, the edible fungi is partly collected from natural grown in the forests or the prairies. However, the most expensive and delicious mushrooms known are natural grown mushroom especially in the forests which have climate and environment suitable for their growth for a certain period.
Some mushrooms are cultivated as commercial products such as:
– Cultivated white mushroom (Agaricus bisporus (Lang.) Sing.)
– Oyster mushroom (Pleurotus spp.)
– Shiitake mushroom (Lentinus edodes)
– Jew’s ear mushroom (Auricularia auricula judae)
– Flammulina velutipes
– White jelly fungus (Tremella fuciformis)
Since mushroom consumption is popular allover the world, it is obvious that mushroom cultivation as commercial products in the world market is important not less than other agricultural commodities.Please login to download the PDF for this proceeding.